Pretty soon we will observe Advent (starts Sunday, November 27).
Your unworthy servant will keep the season by celebrating Vespers with Adoration and Benediction each Sunday afternoon at 4:00 p.m.
I will also give four talks on the four reasons for the Incarnation.
(You can click HERE for previews of the talks. This year’s versions will be new and improved.)
Everyone is invited.
The Advent talks and Vespers will take place at Francis of Assisi in Rocky Mount, Va. In Lent, we will have the Sunday afternoon talks and Vespers at St. Joseph in Martinsville.
…Here I present the promised “Parables Compendium”:
1. Unforgiving Steward 1b. Unforgiving Servant
2. Unforgiving Steward vs. Dishonest Steward
2b. “Merchant of Venice” explains
2c. The Dishonest Steward means: Life is short.
3. The Wicked Tenants and the Invited Wedding Guests
4. The Wicked Tenants & King Lear
4b. The Wicked Tenants, Patience, Conclave, Fall ’62
4c. Good out of Tenants’ Evil
5. Servants awaiting their master’s return 5b. Faithful Steward
6. For the graduates, to share the master’s joy.
7. Wanting Christ to be King (St. Luke’s parable of the talents) a.k.a. Parable of the Minas/Pounds
7b. Leaving the Gold Coin on the Court
7c. The Hard Man with Plenty of Money
On the Farm (Abundant Harvest, Few Laborers)
1. Weeding the Right Garden 1b. The Two Kinds of Tares/Evil
2. It takes a good, long time to make the oatmeal
3. The son who does his praying duty 3b. Two Sons Advent 2015 3c. Two Sons Advent 2016
4. Seed Scattered on the Ground
4b. Mercy and the Seed Scattered on the Ground
5. Faith, Mustard Seed, Father, Don Bosco, Young Souls Growing
6. Scaring Off the Gospel-Pecking Pigeons
7a. Good Workers and Maladroits in the Vineyard (with basketball analogy!) 7b. The Gift of Time
8. Parable of the Seeds’ Growth