This morning I was meditating on the parable of the prodigal son.
Our first readers’ poll has produced the following interesting results:
1) Two out of three readers have confidence in our poll-tallying integrity!
2) There are many more sinners out there than Zorn-haters, egg-nog pounders, or Senate-seat customers
Coach Zorn gets to keep his job (for now)! Everybody puts brandy in their egg nog! Senator is a tough job, but someone has to do it!
Given the overwhelming interest, let’s talk turkey about going to confession…
1) Remember that this helpful website offer an handy, easily-accessed examination of conscience (click Examen above).
2) One good place to go to Confession before Christmas is St. Mary of the Assumption, 14908 Main St., Upper Marlboro, Md. There will be a priest in the confessional from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. tomorrow, Saturday, December 20.
Never be afraid to go Confession, even if you don’t remember exactly what to say. The priest will help you and be patient with you.
(If the priest isn’t nice to you, tell him that he has to go to Confession for being a mean priest!)
Also, remember: When in doubt, don’t leave it out.
Get everything off your chest. God forgives us when we ask for mercy.
When Mario Cuomo was the Governor of New York, he ran for President. He did not win.
One journalist offered the following explanation for Cuomo’s defeat: “In a multiple-choice world, he is taking an essay test.”
This is a blog for camaraderie, spiritual growth, vigorous debate, and sports. We don’t do polls on this blog. But if we did…
We have two fundamental principles here at Preacher and Big Daddy. All the members of our team meditate on these principles every day:
1. It is good to stay close to God, family, friends, beer, and basketball.
2. YOUR OPINION MATTERS! (to somebody)
Seriously, though…Please keep this in mind, dear reader:
At the end of every post, you will see “No Comments” or “1 Comment” or “2 Comments,” etc., in blue.
Please click on these blue words. Then you will have the opportunity to add your thoughts. Don’t be shy!
Your comments will be read carefully by the P&BD editorial board. They will be published as promptly as possible. Then they will be ignored. (Just kidding.)
P.S. The Moses Movement has come to the NFL, too! (Mike Sellers, Redskins fullback)